With nearly 50 countries and thousands of cities, Europe is one of the best and most enriching places to study abroad.
- London - One of the most diverse environments in the world, this city plays host to ton of study abroad opportunities for college students. More than 60,000 overseas students study at London universities every year.
- Rome - Known as the Eternal City, Rome was once home to the greatest artists and thinkers in the world. It is a premier and timeless destination for college students who are looking for an enriching study abroad experience.
- Paris - The high quality education system in France is reason enough to study in Paris, but college students also enjoy the city's long history, food and art.
- Amsterdam - Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands and is often referred to as the 'Venice of the North.' The city's population is comprised of nearly 200 nationalities, so students are sure to experience a number of different cultures in one place.
- Barcelona - Barcelona provides a rich study environment for college students and a unique twist on Spanish culture. The city's schools are used to welcoming international visitors, so students should have no problems finding quality study abroad programs.
Asia is another great place to study abroad. It is an exotic destination compared to some and over half of the world's population lives there.
- Beijing - China's oldest and most important city is the political, cultural and education hub of the People's Republic of China. Students come from all over the world to study at Beijing's many well-regarded colleges and universities.
- Tokyo - Japan's capital hosts some of the country's most prestigious universities, museums and theatres. There is always something new to experience in this bustling metropolis.
- Delhi - Delhi is an ideal place to study abroad because of its rich history and tradition. The city is India's second largest metropolis and a major transportation hub for other destinations in the country.
- Shanghai - Shanghai is another wonderful place for college students to study abroad in China. The city is an East Asia economic center and offers the perfect blend of ancient and modern Chinese culture.
- Seoul - Most people don't think about this Korean city when they are preparing to study abroad, but it is worth considering. Seoul is a global city and a good portion of classes are taught in English at the various universities and colleges.
Australia and New Zealand
Australia and New Zealand are also popular destinations for college students wanting to study abroad. There are a lot of options when it comes to location and nearly everyone speaks English.
- Sydney - Sydney is definitely Australia's biggest and flashiest city. Students like to study abroad here because it is home to the top-ranked University of Sydney, as well as other schools.
- Perth - Known as Australia's 'Education City', Perth is quickly becoming one of the most popular destinations for college students wanting to study in Australia. There are five high-quality universities and several other respected institutions to choose from.
- Melbourne - Boasting more top-ranked universities than does any other Australian city, Melbourne is the place to be if you want options. The city also has many cultural centers and museums.
- Auckland - Widely considered to be one of the world's adventure capitals, New Zealand's largest city is perfect for students who want to have fun as well ad study in a laid-back atmosphere.
- Suva - The capital city of Fiji, Suva is known for its rich history and natural beauty. Since one-fifth of the multiracial population lives in this urban center, students are sure to be exposed to diverse cultures.
Africa and South America
Africa and South America are often overlooked by college students who want to study abroad. Nevertheless, these two continents provide an enriching experience that can't be found anywhere else.
- Nairobi - Nairobi is modern Africa. The fast-growing city has one of the most impressive museums on the continent and is widely considered to be the cultural and economic hub of Kenya.
- Cairo - Known as the 'City that Never Sleeps,' Cairo is Africa's most populous city. Cairo is the education hub in Egypt and plays host to various international schools and universities.
- Lima - Lima, the capital city of Peru, is one of the best places in South America to get an education. Ancient history, pristine rainforests and an idyllic population all serve to provide study abroad opportunities that are diverse and enriching.
- Rio De Janeiro - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil's second largest city, is known for its world-class accommodations as well as its natural beauty. There are a number of academic institutions from which to choose and its night life is second to none.
- Salvador de Bahia - Salvador is known as the 'Cultural Heart' of Brazil because it is a melting pot with many different cultures. The huge city is a great place to learn.