Why Earn a Network Support Technician Degree?
A Network Support Technician Degree is sure to provide the student with highly marketable skills in this computer-based age. In addition, each college's selection of different electives and career tracks will provide the student with various opportunities to earn certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco CNA, Microsoft MCP, and other valuable possibilities.
Network Support Technician Occupational Outlook and Demand
As with many other networking occupations, the employment of Network Support Technicians is expected to continue rising quite favorably. Students who obtain this degree should have a multitude of employment opportunities after graduation.
Network Support Technician Salary Information
For new graduates with this degree, Network Support Technicians report a starting salary of approximately $34,047, according to PayScale.com.
Network Support Technician Coursework Requirements
Students enrolled in the network support technician program will get a solid grounding in networks ranging from their architecture, how data is transmitted to network security. In order to gain the requisite skills for working as a Network Support Technician, the student may be required to complete coursework in the following areas:
- Network Infrastructure
- Techniques of Network Administration
- Introduction to Operation Systems
- A+ Certification Preparation
- Essentials of Computer Repair
- Network+ Certification Preparation
Network Support Technician Skills You Will Learn
A Network Support Technician Degree program teaches many technical skills through hands-on training. After completion of the degree, students should have acquired the following skills:
- How to configure network management tools
- How to install hardware and software applications
- Technical communication skills
- Procedures for troubleshooting, testing, servicing, repairing, and maintaining network systems